Monday, September 10, 2012

Goodbye and Hello

This will come as no surprise to most of you:  we moved.  We said goodbye to our home in Illinois and moved back across the Mississippi into the St. Louis area...again.  So what's with us?  Well, initially we moved to Illinois to live close to the train line (which Ryan took everyday to school), the public schools there were good (or good enough), we could afford a house, we wanted a yard, etc. etc.  You get the picture.  

But things changed, as life tends to do.  Ryan got a job out in west county St. Louis, making his commute long and stressful.  Our good public school was not working  for our family any longer, our house had become a time-consuming, money-sucking burden.  But mostly we were tired of not seeing Ryan.  Something had to change.  And to spare you the details of our home-selling fiasco, we moved.  

Moving Day - THE rainy day in August

Our new place


After the shock wore off from the move, I knew we had done the right thing.  Ryan can walk to work in under 10 minutes, the kids are in a fantastic school (and district), and we have a lot more room in our new home.  We now live in a town home, which we are renting - no more buying for us for a long time - no thank you!! We are happy here, for now.  I have a feeling this isn't very permanent.

But I have big plans for our living room, involving paint, a new cover for the couch, etc.  I'm excited to lighten things up and change styles a bit.  Since I now live away from ALL of my friends and family, I plan to be a better blogger and update regularly.  And eventually I'll include more pics.  See ya!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Your new living room looks lovely. Take care.

Sandy said...

I'm so happy that you posted some pictures of your new home --I have been dying to see the inside of it!
Post some more!