Wednesday, September 12, 2012

L is for loser and lame-o

A little humility is good, right?  

Well, the past few weeks, my new church ward (congregation) is shaking things up on our Relief Society newsletter/emails.  Apparently right as we moved into our new ward, so did a lot of other families.  And not just run-of-the-mill families (like mine), but the types of families that make you gag after reading their Christmas letters.  The type that after hearing them introduce themselves before speaking in church the last few weeks, Ryan actually told me "Susan, when we're asked to talk, don't tell anything about us.  We'll look like losers".  

So while Ryan and I are pretty aware of our loser-like status, this new ward is reminding us just how lame we are.  

Back to the R.S. emails/newsletter: they are highlighting a different sister every week - sending out a cute family photo with info on the new sister.  They sent out an email to all the new sisters, asking us to submit info on ourselves.  After reading a few, there is no way I will be doing that.  I have come to the conclusion that I will just wait for the ladies to discover just how lame I am on their own, I don't need help.  


Rose "Say cheese Mom!"
Lame.

4 comments:

gwennythepooh said...

LOL! Did you move into the rich, wonderful ward, where the women came home to raise their families after discovering something extraordinary? I think there is something to be said for just being a family and doing the absolute best you can. Maybe they are all lying and trying to one-up each other. haha Miss you!

K Family said...

Shoot! I thought you were pretty amazing myself.

Kirsten C said...

Haha Susan you crack me up! Hope you know just how awesome you really are :)

Kirsten C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.