Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A Thoughtful Day

I have been out of town for a while, which explains the lack of new posts. I was in Texas, visiting family. I grew up there and I try to visit my parents and siblings there at least once a year. I had a wonderful time getting to see everyone. I loved being around my nieces and nephews (3 nieces and 3 nephews on my side). It was so fun to see how different they all were, but how each of them resembled their parents and various extended family members. It was also wonderful to be able to sit around and laugh and talk with my three siblings and their spouses; only my sister's husband was unable to make it. I am glad that we are all such good friends and that our children have such a wonderful time together. The four of us (my three siblings and I) are not very close with our four cousins. We didn't spend much time with them due to various reasons and I am sad to say that we didn't really know what it was like to have a close extended family. I remember one family dinner years and years ago when all of us kids still lived at home and we decided that one day when we had kids, our kids would be good friends and would spend a lot of time together. Though we all live far apart, our kids are good friends and enjoy the time they have together.

It is good to be back, but it's been hard getting back to "real" life. I enjoyed having no bills, phone calls, or household duties to worry about. Now I have to get my 5-year-old ready for school in two weeks. I can't believe this summer is almost gone! 2007 has been by far the fastest year for me. I don't know where it has gone.

Today was a quiet one for the most part. I have been thinking of all sorts of things - more than usual. When I met my husband at his work to spend the evening at the Botanical Garden, I didn't know what to talk about. I had so many things swirling around in my head that I didn't know where to start. I have been thinking about my family, my home, money, life in general and all sorts of things. I've tried writing in my journal - that usually helps me sort out my thoughts, but I couldn't begin to get it all down on paper. Hopefully I will be a bit more focused tomorrow and able to cope with life a little better!

Laundry calls and I have to get my 2-year-old into bed. Have a wonderful night.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yay--you added pictures! That one with C doing the lip thing--reminds me of Shirley Temple. Anyway, glad to have to you back in town--isn't it almost depressing to deal with the daily grind of life after being away from it for awhile? :)