Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Today was another day filled with painting, sick kids, housework and bills. I did manage to finish all but one of William's baseboards - I'm going to have to paint the last one while it's still on the wall because the phone jack is connected to it and I don't want (or know how) to remove it. I find that with the condition that these baseboards are in (filthy, falling off, dented, cracked, etc), it's easier to remove them and then sand, clean, repair, prime, and paint before replacing them with new nails that actually hold the boards to the wall. It's amazing the difference some paint can do. It makes me wonder: what in the world were the previous owners doing with those nasty things on the wall?

Well sadly, Claire is coming down with whatever William has. I didn't work last week because of William being sick (or go to church or anywhere else). I have to teach 6 lessons tomorrow, so Ryan is going to stay with the kids while I'm gone. I'm assuming Claire won't go to school tomorrow because she had a fever tonight. Fun times.

Enough of this, here are some pictures.


Here I am cooking Christmas dinner in the Moon Shoes Claire got for Christmas - it made Ryan very nervous, so he made me take them off.

Claire drew on the box and called herself Mr. Frank - notice the "decorations" on the wall. Claire put them on our bedroom wall to decorate for Christmas.

William put this on his head himself - it is from his train set.

On Christmas Eve, we went to the Our Lady of the Snows Shrine here in our city. It is interesting, to say the least. Here are a few pictures of the family at the shrine playground.
What can I say??



I have been sitting here, trying to remember anything momentous or funny from today, but nothing came to mind. There were the usual antics from the kids, Ryan donning a mask and blanket and chasing William around the house and other various activities. All in all, it was a usual, run-of-the-mill day. Good night.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Mr. Frank! That is so funny and clever. We also like the picture of William with the mountain hat. Hope the kids get to feeling better soon.

Jennifer said...

In response to your comment on my blog--I got my fabric from Jackman's... It's on the way to Wal-mart, on the right-hand side. Their fabric is kind of pricey--like 9 bucks a yard!--but they have so much cute stuff!