Monday, January 7, 2008

...and she's back

I have taken a "vacation" from blogging, email and other internet-related activities. I'm not sure of the exact reason for my absence: it was a combination of holiday stuff, family stuff, house stuff, illness, and laziness. So there you go.

I did attempt to post some pictures last week, but I somehow deleted them, so I gave up without finishing it. I am determined tonight to publish a post, whether or not it's any good.

Today started off slow - William has a nasty cough, keeping Ryan and I awake most of the night. So after sending Claire off to school, I went back to bed for an hour or so. Ryan stayed home to work, so he kept an eye on William while I slept - what a good husband! I then got up and spent the rest of the day sanding and priming baseboards and trim. Ryan made a rule that I can't start any new projects until I have finished the ones I've started (i.e. William's room). After I finish painting and replacing the baseboards and finish the trim, I'm going to build the shelves for his closet and get all of the toys put away. There's a lot to do.

My parents were in town last month for a weekend. We had a great time with them; it was however the first time we had a big snow. Here are pictures from their visit.

We went for a walk in our neighborhood. Here's my dad.


Playing in our front yard.


My mom reading books with the kids before bedtime.

We played hard during Christmas break. I had all sorts of activities planned to keep the kids busy while Claire was home.

William taking a break from playing.

Playing with shaving cream.


William wanted to put this dress on, but quickly changed his mind.

I have more pictures to share, but I want to save some for another post! Goodnight.

5 comments:

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

This looks like a fun break! I cannot get over how adorable your house is!:) Happy New Year!

Jennifer said...

She lives!

SLC said...

yeah, yeah Jennifer. It's good to be back.

Molly said...

William in the hot pink dress is funny! Good for him for quickly changing his mind.

The Bergmans said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun with the shaving cream, something I never would have thought of!

We had a great time in TX and tried to take advantage of every sunny day we could!

Glad you're back!