Tuesday, March 3, 2009



Lately, I have been doing a pretty good job of keeping up to date on friends' blogs. So when I checked my blog update list last night, almost everybody I keep in touch with updated their blog over the weekend and I began to wonder, where have a been the past three days? I really couldn't remember what was going on over the weekend and then it hit me...Girl Scouts. As some of you know, I am Claire's Daisy troop leader. I didn't plan to sign up for this, but when no other parents would do it, I volunteered. I did Girl Scouts through elementary school; I had a great leader and the other girls in my troop were all of my closest friends. We had a great time together and I really wanted Claire to be able to have that too. So I spent my "birthday" weekend obsessed with Girl Scouts. Friday was spent preparing for Saturday, which was an all day area activity. It's amazing how much work goes into running a troop. Even with the help of parents, it's hard work.

Saturday night, we went to Red Robin for my "birthday" dinner and on my other "birthday", Sunday, I took a good nap and didn't make dinner. It was great. Ryan bought me a cheesecake and some Blue Bell Birthday Cake ice cream from the Russell Stover store (the only place around here where you can buy Blue Bell - the favorite ice cream of Texans). It was a busy, but nice weekend. The best part was hearing from all of my family.

The above video is of the kids marching to the marching song that we play every FHE as we march to the treats. Ryan had a great idea: even when the kids are teenagers, still make them march to song if they want any treats. Because I don't bake at all the rest of the week, if they want a home baked good, they will have to march for it. I like that idea.

1 comment:

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

Happy Birthday! I never know when to send my greetings on these off-years. I guess this is kind of belated, but kind of not? I did not realize you were the troop leader...wow..a newborn, troop leader and everything else...my my you are amazing!:) I am in love with Rose's chubby thighs...too cute!