Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chocolate Tears

With Ryan gone this week, the kids and I have been busy playing - not to say that we can't play when Ryan's here, it's just something to keep their minds off of it. William is very confused as to when Dad's coming home (in a few days). He asked me at the dinner table last night if his daddy is gone forever. "No, he'll be back for church." That satisfied him.

Most cake recipes are for 9x13 pans - I needed something smaller. So we found a chocolate cake with chocolate glaze that bakes in a 9 inch pan. Much more suited to our family size. The cake was delicious and William had two large pieces!

This morning, I found him sitting at the table, waiting patiently for his breakfast of chocolate cake. After some cereal, I only managed to stave him off until 8:30am. Then we all had some cake.














While I was feeding Rose her cake, there was some sort of miscommunication - either I was holding the fork weird, or she was full, or something, but she ran off crying and was very angry with me. I'm not sure what happened. But after a little milk, she was ready for more - tear stained face and all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sandy said...

William is my kind of guy --chocolate cake for breakfast! YUM!

Grandpa C. said...

Susan,

I like your writing style. Even though the words describing Rose's behaviour weren't necessarily funny, I could picture exactly what you were experiencing in my mind and that made me laugh.