Friday, March 26, 2010

Casualty


Some of you may be asking yourselves, "what in the world am I looking at?" Well, what you see above (from a weird angle, the computer is giving me attitude) was once my jewelry box. My grandmother gave it to me over 15 years ago. It survived several moves, but it didn't stand a chance against my one-year-old. To be fair, Rose was only trying to get a bracelet I let her wear once. Unfortunately, to get that bracelet, she pulled the whole thing down, smashing it to bits.

Now my jewelry is sitting in the little surviving drawers of the box on my dresser, far out of Rose's reach. She has taught me a valuable lesson: don't get too attached to things. Who needs earthquakes, rust, floods and fire when they have a Rosie about?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow. She really did a number on it, didn't she? Maybe you should consider hanging anything you really like in a net suspended from the ceiling.

Sandy said...

I second Amy's motion!