Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Another Rose Story

If any of the kids have given me a run for my money, it has been Rose. I can not figure her out, after almost three years, you would think I could predict her, but I'm still amazed at what kind of crap she can pull.

This morning, after the kids left for school on the bus, Rose and I went to a nearby park. I took her mostly because she was feeling sad at being left behind. My local friends will know of which park I speak - the giant wood playground by the pond.

Well, Rose and I were the only ones at the playground (it was 8am) and the only other people at the park were old folks walking the gravel trails. She played while I finished my book. All was well until I accidentally stuck my finger down the back of her diaper while trying to situate her on the tire swing. Well, the diaper was filled with poo and I quickly retreated to the car to get a wipe for my hand and a diaper for Rose. The car was very close and Rose was occupied on the tire swing. I quickly returned to where Rose should have been, but wasn't. I said out loud "Oh no she didn't" She did. She had escaped out the back entrance of the playground (which has a wood fence all around except the main entrance and a small, hidden back entrance), which I didn't know she knew about. She had not only escaped, but was running full speed down the empty park road that runs next to the pond. She saw me chasing her, screamed and ran even faster. I caught her, wrestled her to a park bench where I changed her and then promptly returned to the car. What a pill!! I wonder how long and far she would have run if I had let her.
And as I write this, she has taken off all of her clothes (diaper included) and is rolling around on the wood dining room floor with her blanket.?? I hope we survive the threes.

2 comments:

The Trees said...

Ah Rose. What a girl. She is so so adorable. I love your header picture. And hey are you guys looking to move???

Donna said...

What an independent child you are raising, full of spirit and confidence. Maybe a little shy on common sense. Hopefully that will come with the 3's.