Wednesday, October 12, 2011

TV schmeevee

More than a month ago, we got rid of cable. There were several motivating factors in this decision: high expense, kids watching too much, parents watching too much, and I wanted to rearrange my living room and the TV cable wouldn't reach where I wanted to put my TV and there was NO WAY I was going to pay someone to move the cable line because of my crazy furniture rearranging whim.

And unfortunately, our digital converter no longer works making our TV useless except for movies. Have we missed it? Maybe here and there. I will tell you, I don't miss hearing all of those obnoxious pre-teen Disney and Nick shows. The kids haven't seemed to notice. They just play with their toys or go outside instead of laying around the living room. In the evenings, I read or put on a favorite movie while I sew.

When we need something new to watch, we get things from the library. I won't even go into the fact that I think most of what's on TV is pretty trashy and some of it is just plain awful. That being said, so far, this has been a good thing and I don't regret our decision...much :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

No converter box either? Now who am I supposed to discuss the Katie Brown Workshop with? The other day she had this big board that she hot glued like 15 Post-it Note pads on. It was something to hang in her kitchen. Because one Post-it Note pad would just never be enough.