Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Oh, come on!!

Once again I am thwarted in my efforts to put on new pictures - my laptop is about done. It's been a good computer; it has lasted me 5 years, which for a laptop, is pretty good. I'm seriously thinking about getting a new one next month.

We had a lovely weekend, but honestly were relieved when it was over. I am excited for some improvements that I'm making to the kitchen/dining room that I will share when it's done (next month). Speaking of the kitchen, we had a house showing last week. I spent much of the day getting the house in spic-and-span order then I had to take my sleeping toddler out in the car for an hour while the showing took place. Well, the next day, we got the results of the showing. The people were not at all interested due to the size of the kitchen. They liked everything else and had positive comments, but the kitchen would not work for their needs at all and so had no interest. Here's my thought - there are 25 freaking pictures online, many of the kitchen and the dimensions are ON THE MLS PAGE!!! If having a big kitchen is that important to you, then get out a measuring tape and measure the size BEFORE you make someone clean their whole house and yard AND leave for an hour so you can be just be "curious" or whatever. I was glad someone was looking at the house, but annoyed with these people. Yes! I know the kitchen is small - it's what I hate most about the house, but for crying out loud, if it's that important to your happiness, do a little research. There are like 100 houses in this area in this price range to choose from...whereas when we were buying our house, there were maybe 5. Oh well. What can I do?

Next time I go house hunting, I will be sure to be considerate in which houses I view - if I'm not serious, I won't look at it and save everyone the trouble.

On a different note, a few weeks back, we had this morning fog roll in, making it look like we live in a rain forest.


And what's with Daylight Savings? Is it normally in November? I'm not loving it being so dark in the morning.

1 comment:

Molly said...

So sorry to hear about your showing. We had that problem with our Virginia home. People would like most of the house, but the kitchen was too small. It's frustrating.

You know I MUST have a kitchen large enough to entertain in. It must also have brand new stainless steel appliances and blue granite counter tops. And, I I won't even look at a house unless it has four bathrooms with Jacuzzi tubs and showers large enough for my entire family to fit in at the same time. Oh yes, and a pool. It must have an indoor pool or the deal is just out. Forget it!