Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday

As Halloween and a certain birthday inch closer, I've realized that I had better get moving on my plans. Claire's costume is so close to being done, William's is bought, but needs some assembling and I think Rose is ready to go. I just need to finish up and put a little more thought into someone's 3rd birthday! We have been busy as of late - not too much on the calender, but a lot of other "stuff". I think I will be ready for November next week. October is always a little crazy with so much going on. I have found that I like my calm and quiet days, which I don't get too many of. But I love them when I can get them.

The other day, I made these pumpkin scones from this book. It was so, so good. But I had to alter the recipe a bit to make it work. Turns out, that corrections for that recipe have been printed - which I didn't know about.


And our garden yielded A LOT of basil; here is some of it - we canned several jars of pesto and didn't bother harvesting the rest of the basil.
And I want you all to look at the above picture. Do you see that small square of counter space? Well that is all the counter space I have to work with. All cooking, food prep, baking, everything, takes place on that small bit of counter. I'm telling you...a shoebox...but I have plans in the works. Only a few more weeks...

1 comment:

Molly said...

Mmm, those scones look good. Especially after I realized they weren't a brain on a plate. I tried to make pumpkin scones with a recipe I had, but they just turned out to taste like rubber. I don't know why I can't get scones to work out. Yours are always so amazing.