Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Little Ones and Sleepy Ones

My kids crack me up. For instance, right before Claire was expected home yesterday, William decided to scare his sister when she got off the bus, hence this picture:


Everyone of the bus started screaming when they saw him and the bus driving was laughing pretty hard. Funny kid.

Then this morning, my good friend Amy came over to take some photos of Rose (see Amy's blog and AMAZING photography at chocolate air - link on the right of this post - I'm too lazy to make a link here, so you're on your own) and Rose was very cooperative, for the most part. Besides peeing on Amy's quilt and sucking her thumb the whole time, Rose was an angel. She was so tired by the time we were done that when I came back inside from seeing Amy off, I found this:


Her morning of glamor was apparently exhausting. It's once again a rainy, dark day; very conducive to taking a nap, but I'm not that lucky. I'll have to settle for the 10 minutes of half-consciousness on the floor next to a playing baby and a boy insistent on playing with the loudest toy we own 2-feet from my tired head. I was too tired to protest, so I gave up and tried to wake up by finishing off the box vanilla wafers I bought for the kids. It's days like these when I really wish I were a coffee drinker; but I'll have to settle for little pep-talks in my head (come on Susan, wake up and do some laundry for crying out loud!) and eating cheap cookies.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, man... William has me laughing so hard! I just keep picturing all those kids on the bus.

I'm really happy with Rose's pictures. She is so stinking adorable, seriously. Big kiss for your sleepy girl... it's hard being a superstar!

And, hmm... laundry. I may or may not have clean clothes for all of us tomorrow. Guess I should get on that.

Molly said...

You give yourself pep talks that include laundry? No wonder the pep talks don't work and you end up eating cheap cookies.

William is ... what can I say about him? He is so funny. What are you doing with one of those masks anyway? Next time he wants to scare Claire, give him the derranged Pooh pinata. That will even scare the bus driver!

Jennifer said...

That's hilarious!

kellyclay said...

SO Funny!!!