Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother Dear

A highly-drugged new mom and baby Claire.
"What? Taking a picture? I'm smiling, right?"


Ah, Mother's Day. I had three requests this year: chocolate, a nap and no dishes. Ryan went above and beyond by making me breakfast (in bed, and though he had to wake me up for it, it was very nice of him), making lunch/dinner, and then making cookies for the kids.

During Sacrament meeting, the Primary sang a mother song for us. When it was time to go up, Ryan and Claire went up, but William was hesitant to leave me. So at the last minute, he ran up there with his blanket, but by that time, there was no room for him. So he stood behind the sacrament table, his little head poking up, sucking on his lip and scowling because he couldn't stand with the other kids. When he came back after the song, I told him he did a good job singing to which he replied in his typical loud William voice for everyone to hear, "No. I didn't sing!"

It was my best mother's day yet - the kids and Ryan were great. Too bad I forgot to do anything for my mom and mother-in-law. Sorry ladies, mommy-brain strikes again.




1 comment:

Molly said...

Sounds like you had a really nice day. I've been meaning to record my mother's day, but either forget when I have the time or when I try I have a screaming baby....