Friday, May 1, 2009

Pictures and Projects

I am really at a loss of blog-worthy information. I hadn't talked to my mom in a week or more and when she called, I really couldn't think of anything to tell her. Lately our lives have been busy, but ordinary; which isn't a bad thing. The only things I could think of was the exciting event of getting our septic tank pumped and the planting of some bamboo to hide the monstrosity that is my neighbor's house from our back door/window. The septic tank people said they wouldn't be able to come until the following week, but of course, they called the next day and they were on their way. I quickly hung up with my sister who was on my cell, put on my dirty shoes, and started digging three feet down for the lid to the tank. It was a messy, goopy, hard job. I made it to the lid, but the guys had to finish the job for me since I couldn't get the last of the dirt out. A wrist injury and 200+ dollars later, it was over.

The bamboo was Ryan's project that I went along with and encourage from afar - the best way to handle Ryan and his projects, from my experience. I gave him the money I had saved from our budget over the past two weeks and let him do as he pleased, as long as he stayed within budget. He did a great job of finding a local bamboo guy who was trying to clear off some of his property. We got probably over $200 worth of bamboo for $40. Ryan planted it and to our delight, it does a fantastic job of hiding our neighbor's house from our view - and it's growing like crazy. Almost two feet in one week!

William's birthday party for his Fisher Price people on our front porch

The bamboo - another clump is growing in the bare spot that will cover the view of those horrid cars

Septic tank pile - the frog head is covering the hole
Nothing exciting - even I'm bored by this post. Oh well, they can't all be entertaining, witty, clever or cute.

1 comment:

Molly said...

William is so funny with his toys, and so sweet. I wish mine would play like that.

I'm so going to miss seeing your neighbor's burnt door when I visit your house now.