Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fat baby in a little sink

So I tried bathing Rose in the kids' bathroom sink for the first time. It also might be the last. It was a tight squeeze, but she had a good time!

Claire is a pro at riding her bike. She goes around and around our house/island. Here's Claire, William, Ryan and Rose making the rounds.


I later got on my bike and raced Claire around the house. She got onto me about not wearing a helmet.

William's latest funny stuff:

After he sneezed at the breakfast table, "Mom! I bless-shooed on my cereal!"

While partaking of the sacrament, William held up his water cup and right before he drank it, he said, "tiny cup?" as he does every single week and then, "Wall E wants some" in which he proceeded to feed his little toy Wall E the rest of the water. Nice and reverent.

He puts up a fuss about "the purple" in his room and won't go to sleep until it goes away. "The purple" that he's referring to is a tiny speck of a reflection on the ceiling light cover of the light from the wipes warmer. Since we've owned the home, the light in his room did not have a light cover. So I finally went out and bought the glass cover for $4 at Lowe's and screwed it on. It looks much better, but now it reflects "the purple" and causes terror to young children (or just William). Seriously, this light is a tiny speck of purple on the glass - I can hardly see it with my contacts in. So Ryan finally had to take it down. Last night, William was nagging Ryan about making cookies (after he gave up on me) and Ryan was so tired of it, this was the threat Ryan made, "William, if you don't stop talking about cookies, I will put the light cover on, so help me!" To which William respond in tears and falling to the floor wailing , "NO! Not the purple, not the purple!"

What do I even say to that?

4 comments:

gwennythepooh said...

hahahahaha...not the purple! Too darn funny!

Sandy said...

I laughed so hard at Ryan's comment about putting the light cover back on if William kept begging to make cookies! What a resourceful Dad. I hope William has recovered from "the purple" trauma. I loved all the pictures. Rose looks SO CUTE in the sink! Great photo's! Claire and WIlliam look so happy riding their bikes. I'm proud of Claire --mastering a 2wheeler!

kellyclay said...

WTG Claire!!

Ryan oh how you love to torture your precious children!!

Precious William everytime I read about something he has said I can hear him say it in his deep william voice!!

Rosie is a beauty!!

Donna said...

That is a great story - the purple light phantom! I also laughed at the sneeze - it is a wonder we learn English at all as a child.