Monday, June 15, 2009

More Projects and Pictures


I found this fun fabric and it made me smile - very retro 70's, I think. Anyhow, I made it into a dress for Rose. It's a pattern I've used before. I made bloomers this time to go with it - it's still a little too big, but I wanted her to have room to grow into it over the summer. The face Rose is making in the picture above reminds me of Claire as a baby. Something about the eyebrows.

That's the smile we all love!


She is so close to crawling - she gets on her hands and knees, starts to move forward, and then collapses on her belly.

We took off Friday afternoon, thanks to the great weather. We loaded up the bikes and stroller and headed over to Forest Park. The bike trails are great there, but a bit crowded. The people that frequent the trails there are usually St. Louis yuppies, out walking their dogs or WashU people riding their bikes between campuses. Needless to say, they didn't have a lot of patience for a family out for a joy ride. Claire did great, once she got started, William pumped his little legs as fast as he could on his "trike", I rode on my bike to keep up with Claire (she is FAST - wow) and Ryan pushed Rose in the stroller and stayed with William. We stopped at a great playground, played, and rode back to the car. Besides some nasty looks from childless couples and one rude comment from some grandpa speeding by on his bike, it was fun.


Rose had a great time on the swings - love that face!



William's face was red from riding his bike.



I didn't get any good shots of Claire. She was too busy sticking her head in the fountain. It made us miss St. Louis, (though we're right across the river), but not the people. The people in Illinois are great!

I spent Saturday cooped up in the house. I've discovered that I'm allergic to mold, so I was sneezing and miserable all Saturday. Then Sunday was Sunday. After a trip to Goodwill today, I have another sewing project on my table. That should keep my busy this week. Hopefully we'll have some crawling pictures before too long - or Rose is going to drive us all crazy! She is ready to move! It will put a major damper on the older kids' play - no more legos, polly pockets and playmobil in the living room (Hurray!!).

2 comments:

gwennythepooh said...

Love the pictures and her dress is so cute!

Molly said...

The eyebrows on that first picture of Rose are amazing. How can anyone do that with their eyebrows? You are so talented with your sewing. Looks like you had a fun day.