Monday, June 22, 2009

a little water in the face (and house)

After a little mishap getting the sprinkler set up resulting it hosing down me, the house, spraying in our front door and after a lot of running away and screaming (by me and the kids - Ryan set it up backwards), the kids were able to have a good time in the front yard. It was pure joy for them.




I had some good finds at Goodwill this past week. I found a couple of tees for me, a few movies that I wanted to get William for his birthday next month (by the way, if you ever want to own the movie "Titanic", our Goodwill had about 60 copies of it - all for a buck) and an awesome bed sheet circa 1970s for $2.00 in which I made into sweet lounge pants for myself. I had enough material to make another pair, and I offered Ryan to make some for him, but he turned me down. Oh well, we can't all have good taste!

No good 70s project is complete without rick-rack! Thanks again Goodwill!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Those pants are awesome!!!!! You can see something quite tacky, like a 70's bed sheet and make them into something sweet. Love the ric-rac. Did you get your skirt patterns exchanged? It could make a great summer skirt. Now, all you need is an orange shirt and a calf long macrame robe that ties closed just under the bust. SWEET!

Jennifer said...

Okay, Syuzanna, those pants are awesome. I'm so going to do the same with my yellow 70s sheet! (Not the same print, but definitely the same era.) Anyway, the pants look great, the kids are cute, and I like the hair. (And doesn't that feel better than getting the tattoo?)