Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Girl Scouts Galore

This past weekend, I took Claire and Rose to Girl Scout camp in Missouri. Being the leader of her troop, I was obligated to go. We had 8 girls and 8 adults - the biggest group there. My girls are sweethearts and they were all so well behaved the whole weekend. The weather cooperated and the camp was beautiful. It was a great weekend overall and we'll do it again next year.

Claire in front of our cabin - we shared with another girl and her mom.

We spent an afternoon at the lake - we went canoeing and swimming. I waded into the water and that was enough for me - too cold! Rose enjoyed the sand, even eating some of it.


I love camp!!

Catching tadpoles

Thankfully, Rose loved the backpack. It came in handy for our hikes.

Camp food. The food was actually pretty good. I've been camping a lot - there is some nasty stuff out there.

"Mom, you're such a goober in that hat!"
Claire keeps longing to go back, so that's a good sign. Next year though, I won't be taking the baby. Hiking will be much easier without an extra 25 pounds on my back!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think I may very well have stayed in that exact same cabin when I was a girl scout. When I saw that pic, all of those memories of my cold night in my ALF sleeping bag just came flooding back to me.

I love Rose's swimming suit by the way--how darling is that!

Sandy said...

I'm so glad that everything turned out so well! You are amazing to take Rose AND a troop of GIrl Scouts camping! I'm glad that Claire wants to go again next year!

Molly said...

Sounds like great fun. You are raising a future camp director there, maybe two of them. Yeah, goober in the big hat. Did your hat have a big, tacky bow in the back of it?