Friday, June 19, 2009

I've got nothing

We spent the hot afternoon in the coolness of Claire's fairy room. She put on a show for William, Rose and I. I pulled out the camera and started taking pictures of my little girls, surrounded by flowy gauze - they looked sweet and thoughtful...



Then in my viewfinder, I see this...

Thanks to the 90+ degree weather, we have been spending a lot of time indoors. That means the kids, while good at entertaining themselves, have been looking to me for forms of entertainment. They spend a good part of their day surrounding me. I'm sure the photo below is a scene played out in many of your homes. Mom surrounded by the little ones.

It being another hot day, we will probably be playing a lot of legos, listening to music, watching an afternoon movie, reading a few books, and eating some popsicles. What do you do on these hot summer days?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

William cracks me up!

On this particular hot day my kids have mostly just driven me crazy. Poor Tavis just got finished listening to my 20 minute tirade about how rotten the kids were today.

(That reminds me, I think I need to call my mother and say I'm sorry for all the times I participated in a "Did NOT!" "Did TOO!" type of conversation when I was a child.)