Saturday, August 8, 2009

Guess What??

That's right! More vacation pictures. But before you go, take a quick glance at the beautiful scenery we were blessed to be surrounded by for a couple of hours. I have so many pictures of our trip, that I'm a little concerned for myself. What am I going to do with all of them? I can't seem to make myself delete any of them, yet printing them out would cost a month's wages and then I would still have to find somewhere to put them. But that's for another day. In the mean time, take a look at these - what an amazingly beautiful beach.

Ryan and his sisters catching some waves in the freezing water. Seriously, this water touched my feet and it actually hurt.

There was a cool mist blowing off the water, making the place seem unreal. Luckily, there was a warm pool of water trapped by the low tide that allowed the kids a place to play without fear of being washed out to sea or getting hypothermia. It was also great for skim-boarding, which I was horrible at.
Ryan and sister Kirsten about to hit the water; brave souls.

I loved the beach, until I got wet sand on me!

Claire, my bathing beauty, loves the beach - she was made for a life of leisure

The girls
Rose had a great time in the water, crawling and splashing around until the water got into a little cut on her leg - ouch.
Claire and I are working on knitting some winter hats for ourselves. I made one for Rose, but she won't wear it right now and I'm afraid that if she keeps growing at this rate, she won't fit into it by the time it gets cold. So lucky for all of you, I am finally getting back into projects, so you won't have to keep looking at my vacation pictures - but at least I make sure to have people in them if I can. There's nothing worse than looking at vacation pictures of scenery years later only to wonder, why did I take a picture of this, where were the people? I've been there and made that mistake. But wasn't that beach wonderfully unreal?

2 comments:

gwennythepooh said...

I have a picture idea for you. Heritagemakers.com is a digital scrapbooking site, it's free, and it will store your photos for you. A book to print out would cost a lot, but if you were save $5 a month, you could probably get one in a year. lol Anyway, it's an idea for your pictures to be stored. I'm sure there are other means to store them, also. Looks like you had an awesome vacation!

Angie said...

claire and ayz are definitely cut from the same stone. Ayz loves the beach, the water, anything that has to do with it. And she's pretty crafty. But a knitted hat? Now that's impressive for a 7 year old!