Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Secrets

Last night at 9pm, I had the sudden urge to sew myself a new tote bag. I had some fabric I had bought at IKEA and I wasn't sure what to do with it - but it was a good, sturdy canvas; perfect for a bag. So in no time at all, I whipped up a tote and now the next thing to do would be to show a picture of it here, but I'm keeping it a secret because I have some close people with birthdays coming up and I want to make each of them one. So as to not spoil the surprise for them, I'll post a picture another day. I was also able to knit a hat for Ryan out of the same green yarn I made William's, but I'm tucking that away for a Christmas gift. Now I'm making a green scarf for William.

Because I have no pictures of my latest projects to share, I will include a few photos of William's birthday cake. William had requested a chocolate cake, then his Aunt Birgitte got him hooked on the idea that he wanted a garbage truck cake. Her mistake! Because of my total lack of skill in cake decorating, it was up to her (since she put the idea into his head, after all) to come up with a cake. Well, she did and it was wonderful. Thanks Birgitte!


It was a hit and he was so excited. The wheels were made gluten free for those allergic to wheat. Nice touch!

2 comments:

Angie said...

How cruel to tell us all about your wonderful projects and then not show us what they look like! I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight.

Sandy said...

I loved the garbage truck cake --and more especially William's reaction to it --he was so happy and grateful!