Sunday, August 30, 2009

There's something in the air


For the past three days, I have been feeling under the weather. Nothing has fully developed - just tired, achy and a monster headache. I left church after the first hour, came home and had a quick lunch, put the baby to bed and slept for four hours. If anyone has any clue what this is that seems to be going around, let me know. But despite these aches, which I'm not sure are a legitimate virus, therefore I keep trying to stay busy, Ryan and I have managed to get some things done on the house.
The ceiling fan in the kids' room - it wasn't as bad as expected, though it was still terrible to install.
Friday morning, I risked my life and went into the dark hole that is our crawl space to secure some water pipes to the floor joist. No more banging pipes here. I did a thorough sweep for rodents, spiders and other scary things and then went to work. As I was working, I did my best to not look around or look what I was sitting on.
The hole - or as William says, the scary place down there

Ryan also managed to hook up our ice maker, requiring lots of drilling of holes, screaming up to me from under the house to do this and that and turning the water on and off, over and over. Good times. While our list of home repair/improvement projects is getting smaller, our general thought is: why did we wait so long to do this? Our quest to get this place ready to sell continues - now we just have to figure out where we're going next; any suggestions?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Every single person in my family had a turn with some kind of funk that you may be describing... terrible aches, fever, sleepiness... that part for all of us lasted about 4 or 5 days, and then this hideous cough set in. I had thought the cough thing was random, but then Amy P. got the same thing--a few days of fever and aches followed by the monster cough.

I'm not saying this is what you have, but there's definitely something going around. And if it is what you have, it's been nice knowing you. Tavis got sick right after July 4th, and it finally was done going through our house about two weeks ago. Bleh. (And isn't Stephanie sick with something like this right now?)

Angie said...

Maybe you got sick from being in the crawl space? You never know what lingers there!

Sandy said...

Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. It is such a bummer to feel blah. Rest if you can, it can do wonders for speeding recovery. I like the ceiling fan --no more "scary purple light" for William? You are so brave to go down in the crawl space -- who knows what lurks in those creepy holes!