Saturday, January 10, 2009

Another Busy Year




I have been attempting to keep my life simple, but looking back at this year so far, my attempts have been feeble. At the beginning of the week, I look at my calender and there are usually only one or two things scheduled, yet somehow those scheduled appointments seem to multiply exponentially. How does that happen? How does playgroup and a girl scout meeting turn into me running around all week with my head cut off? I know part of it comes from the fact that I have high expectations of myself, too high maybe. Oh well, you know what they say, you can't teach a 28-year-old dog new tricks!

A few clips from the past few days...while I was giving Claire a laundry lesson this morning, she asked me "Mom? Why do girls have to do all this cleaning?" My reply, "I don't know Claire." I wasn't in the mood to describe all of the intricacies of male vs. female roles in society. Some exciting news, William ate some meat for this first time in weeks (sure, it was chicken nuggets, but I'll take what I can get).

And....

amazingly enough, Rose is actually fatter now than she was a week ago. How is that possible?

2 comments:

Molly said...

Rose looks like she is saying, "Mom, get that shoody thing away from my face! It flashes and it makes my eyes bulge."

Such kissable cheeks!!
How is it your boy lives off anything but meat and my boy lives off of nothing buy meat? William is going to serve a mission where they eat meat all the time, like, the southern states, and Mark is going to go somewhere where they hardly ever eat meat, like Japan.

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

Oh, your kids are so cute! I love that sleeper too! I have sadly had to throw away way too many cute clothes because of baby stains...if only I had my own washer and dryer!:) Justin actually just interviewed at a health care consulting company outside Madison, WI and we are waiting to hear back...I looked up the distance from WI to your house and it is only like 6 hours!!! Now I really want to move there!:)