Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ice Day



After two weeks of having everyone home all day, I was ready to get back to the regular schedule of school and work (for some people). Monday went as usual, but on Tuesday, school was canceled due to ice on the roads. So we stayed home all day and played. Ryan did go into work to hear a presentation a friend was giving, but he almost biffed it on the driveway a couple of times trying to get into his car. I'm just glad I didn't have anywhere I HAD to go yesterday. Of course that made my day today absolutely crazy. I had a lot to do to get ready for Claire's Daisy troop meeting tonight. I counted that I went to 13 places today! Yes, ladies (and gentlemen) 13 places!!!

Today in the car, I was talking about something and William's response was, "Mom, that's rubbish!"

It's so different having him vs. Claire in the car with me. When she was his age, she talked or wanted to sing songs continuously. Well, while I was dragging William and Rose all over the city today, I noticed the car was unusually quiet. I asked William if he wanted to sing a song and getting no response back, I began to sing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat". He did have a response to that, he quickly covered his ears and scowled at me. OK then, message received.


He has been singing his version of that song as he rows a little skeleton around in a Playmobile row boat. But his words go something like this..."row row row row your boat, Mary Mary Mary down the street..." sung in that funny deep voice some of you are familiar with.

Because my big baby has outgrown most of her clothes in the 0-3 month size, I needed to supplement her wardrobe with a few more sleepers in the next size up. I found this cute sleeper at Target (I love the print - see following picture) and I was excited for her to wear it, hoping that she wouldn't have a blow-out on it. Well, she quickly broke in it with her biggest blow-out ever! It took three different cleaning agents, some serious scrubbing and soaking and two wash cycles to get it back to it's original cuteness. Curse you, mustard poo!!

No comments: