Thursday, January 29, 2009

Good Morning



I envy morning people. How great would it be to wake up early, refreshed, happy, and ready to tackle the day? Instead, I have to drag my limp body from bed at the last minute and then stumble to the bathroom to insert my "eyes", as William calls my contacts and hope that I can emerge from my sleepy fog sometime soon. There are also those mornings I envy coffee drinkers. Pull your way through the day with a little help from a cup of joe. So easy!!

During my phone conversation with my mom yesterday, she casually made the comment about getting up at 5:30am to work from home because she was iced in and couldn't get into work until the afternoon. 5:30?!?! Are you insane lady? That's my mom, the woman has never needed more than six hours a night and usually runs effectively off of less. Now why didn't I get those genes?? All I can hope for is that one day, my children will outgrow their need to wake up when it's still dark and learn the joys of sleeping until at least 7am.
The last picture here is of the hutch my friend Amy gave me that we finally finished painting. I painted the bottom, Ryan did the top. It was fairly horrible, but it was worth it to have a stylish and safe place to display the Hungarian dishes Ryan bought while on his mission in Hungary.

I hope all of you have a better morning that what I've had today - I'll leave the explanation for another post. Onto Land O' Laundry.

6 comments:

The Trees said...

Wow, that hutch looks so good. Love Rose's little smile.
I sympathize a little with your mornings. I hate waking up and I daydream of sleep.

Jennifer said...

I have no idea what the hutch looked like before, but it looks so great! I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

The hutch really did turn out so fabulous! Perfect for your house.

Here's hoping your day improves...

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

I am with you! The day my kids sleep until 7am will be one of the happiest days of my life!:) Your hutch is gorgeous! Wow! It looks pottery barn....great job!

Molly said...

The hutch looks fabulous, dahling! I love the pictures of the girls together. So sweet. I always wonder why, when I need kids up before seven, they want to sleep and the days they can sleep they are up at 6:30? Why does it work that way?

Anonymous said...

I can't even believe that is the same hutch that used to be in your garage! You have such vision for turning ordinary objects into something amazing! The two of you did such a professional job!

Also, I love the pictures of Rose and Claire, they look like they really enjoy each other.