Thursday, March 19, 2009

Busy Bees

Thanks to Girl Scouts, I have lately spent a lot of time at Hobby Lobby. I was there three times last week. My last trip there was on Saturday and with Ryan home, I decided to leave the older two kids and just take Rose with me. On my way out the door, William came running to me in tears - he wanted to go too. I told him I was going back to Hobby Lobby (he had been with me the previous two times) but he still wanted to go. While I was trying to find a very specific item, wandering helplessly through the isles, William mumbles to himself from the cart, "I hate this place." I tried to warn him...

Claire's first attempt at cross-stitching.
I helped a lot with knots and problems, but she did the work.

A sick Sunday project with Claire - getting ready for spring.

So Claire was still upset about leprechauns taking her scissors at school, so we had a leprechaun come visit us the night before St. Patrick's day. He left footprints, which he wiped off with a towel, a little note apologizing for the petty theft, and he dyed our milk green. Claire was thrilled about the whole thing. She collected all of the evidence, put it in the bag and took it to school to show her class. I'm sure her teacher thinks either we're crazy or mean for tricking our child. Oh well, she loved it.

Rose loves her daddy - she has always loved to talk to him (since she could coo). I'm just the food source and the comfort object; Ryan is her conversation buddy.

Rose kisses.


Thanks to the government (tax return), we are putting in a new patio. But first, we have to get rid of our old one. When it's all done, I'll post some before and after pictures. Ryan rented a jackhammer and went to town on that old, cracked slab. He did a great job and only got the blade stuck a couple of times. Now we just have to figure out what to do with the old concrete.

Personally, that thing looks terrifying - it's times like these when husbands are invaluable: killing bugs, using scary tools, lifting heavy things, brushing the kids' teeth (I HATE that job), eating icky leftovers, etc.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire did such a great job on her crosstich --I'm sure I could not do as well! I love the picture of Rose in the boots, and the pictures of her with her daddy. So sweet! Way to go Ryan --getting rid of the old patio! Now, on to another new project........

Angie said...

You're so good to have so much energy to do leprechaun stuff like that. As for us, it was the other way around- her teachers put gold candy and green footprints all over the room, and Ayz was so excited that she came home and made a leprechaun trap out of a box. "Oh, great," I thought. So at about midnight, I had to rummage through the house to find a treat to leave for her. Santa is fun and cute, but I don't know if I can take this EVERY holiday!

SLC said...

Our leprechaun didn't leave any candy or treat. He just played a trick on us.

Jennifer said...

Yeah... I think if I were to list my Top 5 "Reasons I Married Tavis," bug-killing would be right close to the top.

Molly said...

Rose is so adorable. I love all the pictures of her. Claire did a great job on her cross stitich. She'll be a pro soon. Husbands are great. They use the scary tools and they LIKE it! They may not like the bugs, but they are so good about getting them. Once I saw a tiny, dead roach. I had hubby come clean it for me. Afterwards, I thanked the profussley for saving me from the dead bug.