Monday, March 16, 2009

Newness and Illness


These past few weeks have been full of discoveries. It has also been full of fevers, puking and soar throats. I have spent the past three days cooped up with a sick child (today included). We get through it. However, having this time home, we have been busy playing and learning. I have a ton more pictures to share, but I will have to do it later. William has discovered jigsaw puzzles. He's outgrown wood puzzles, but these ones with the picture underneath or perfect for him. He does them for hours (I did the same when I was a kid).

Claire has discovered cross-stitching. She is very good, thanks to her fabulous fine motor skills. I'll post a picture of her masterpiece when she's done. Here she is, sewing away, sporting a new hair accessory I made while staying home with sick kids yesterday.


We have a new condiment around the house we like to call "William Butter". It's the standard peanut butter with an extra organic ingredient from William - saliva. He now has his very own jar; with his name on it and everything.



My quiet Rose has discovered her voice. She cooed before; well now she squeals and yells. Very cute, but very loud.

William has been adding to his warehouse. I couldn't find my watch the other day and I found these items in his room. Apparently he has an affinity for fine jewelry (note the gold and amethyst earrings) and not-so-fine electronics.

Rose has a new jumper, handed down from a friend. We call it "The Poop Machine". Every time we put her in it, she poops, usually resulting in a blowout - as you can see below.

It's also good for naps.

We also discovered Rose's enjoyment of swinging. She just hung out, sucking on her thumb, swinging in the breeze.

We had one nice day a week ago, and it happened to be the one day over the weekend where no one was puking. We spent the whole day enjoying the weather.


A little yard work with the babe. Check out those baby thighs!


My "girl" scout. William found my old Girl Scout uniform and had to wear it. I think he liked all of the shiny pins and patches.

I am so ready for spring. No more having to wear sweaters and wool socks around the house. And hopefully, no more colds, flu or fevers!

1 comment:

Molly said...

I love all the pictures!!! Rose's poop pajamas look cute, but they look like they probably smell bad. I like William and the girl scout outfit and his klepto collection. I can't get over how much Claire looks like you. And every part of Rose's body seems to have a roll. She is so cute. I just want to squeeze her.