Monday, March 23, 2009

Notice to All Readers: Seriousness Ahead

I have changed the name of my blog. As I was writing in my journal this morning, I was thinking about a conversation I had with Ryan yesterday. We were talking about the HORRIBLE situation over in Zimbabwe (amid other countries) and how blessed we really are to be living in America. Then I was thinking that even in America, Ryan and I have an unusual situation: we both come from loving, strong families, we are both highly educated, have three beautiful, healthy children, we're healthy, have a nice home with all the comforts we need and more, we have the gospel, good schools for our kids, wonderful friends, good food and health care, and a happy home life.

No, we don't have a lot of money, nice cars, a big home, fancy clothes, travel money, a big TV, nice hair cuts, or gourmet food; but I've known many people with all of those things and more often than not, it not only doesn't make them happy, they tend to be some of the most unhappy people I know. So my question is: why do I get to live such a charmed life? I may not know the answer to that question in this life, but I intend to take full advantage of the life that's been given to me and try to deserve it.

I warned you this would be a serious post. I promise the next one to be full of foolishness and some pretty awesome pictures.

1 comment:

The Trees said...

Loved that post, you are so right.
Thanks for the reminder, I could show more gratitude. Life is good. And I really love all your latest pics. All adorable, love the leprechon story.