Monday, April 27, 2009

8

Well folks, it's been eight years since Ryan and I tied the knot. It's hard to believe how fast time goes, but then again, that's what everyone says.

This morning at 7am, with a baby sleeping soundly between us, Ryan and I patted each other on the arm from across the bed with sleepy eyes and I groggily mumbled, "happy anniversary...it's hard to believe that 8 years ago, we would be getting ready to drive over to the temple and today, we're exhausted from getting up several times with a hungry baby and a kid crying because he almost peed in the bed." We greeted the morning with the kids playing with the Fisher Price people in the hallway, starting at about 5:30am. Happy anniversary to us! I guess this is where we knew we would be now, but it's hard to really imagine it when your 21 and life is just starting.


We've had a good run so far. I just wonder where we'll be eight years from now...I can tell you though, I never thought I would be living in Illinois, so who knows what's next for us.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Happy Anniversary! Has it been eight years? I guess so, I went to your wedding with a 11 month old and he is almost 9 year old now! Where has the time gone?

Sandy said...

I was thinking about you yesterday on your big 8th anniversary --- 'hope you had a great day! I can't believe it has already been eight years - wow! I think you make a wonderful couple!

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

Happy Anniversary! I just love these pictures! I remember your engagement picture and thinking, "Wow, she is so pretty...Ryan is so lucky!" But I think you are both so lucky and blessed to have found each other!