Thursday, April 23, 2009

Earth Day Birthday

Yesterday was a big day in our house - the man of the family hit the big 3-0. I was sure to remind him of that throughout the day, as I'm sure he will do next year when I turn 30. We had a special day filled with cinnamon (almost allspice - I NEED a spice rack, I tell you) rolls for breakfast, decorations, a trip to the Botanical Garden in the afternoon, stuffed cabbage for dinner (at Ryan's request), presents, special phone calls, and root beer floats. Everyone had a fun day and thankfully, the weather cooperated.


At this point in the blog, I should get all sappy and write about how awesome my husband is, etc., which he is, but that kind of thing embarrasses me. So I'll just say, Ryan - you're awesome and I'm glad I found you. If I have to be married to a 30-year-old man, I'm glad it's you. And aren't you a lucky Oregonian boy to be sharing your birthday with Earth Day? All I can say is, Save Keiko! To quote the old lady on the news, "When you have something that special in your life, it's hard to let go". Just kidding; hope you had a great day - you rock (and unlike Keiko, you're parasite fee, and isn't that something to be thankful for?). Happy birthday!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I knew the Keiko reference was coming, and I still laughed hard when I read it. Still giggling now, actually. Happy birthday, Ryan!

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

Happy Birthday (2 days ago) Ryan! Wow 30! The flowering tees are gorgeous! I don't know if I have ever seen Ryan wear a hat...it looks good!:) Baby Rose is just too cute!