Monday, April 20, 2009

Feeling Springy


Looking at my blog, I realized that my last post has been sitting there almost a week, in all its negativism. It was written in a moment of hastiness; that doesn't make it any less true, but it's not the most positive of topics. I admire those women who's blog are so beautiful, happy and uplifting. I'll admit, I'm not the best about always staying positive. But onto something else. My lack of post is due to the fact that I just didn't have any good pictures to share, I still don't, but I can't let that stop me.

We had a fun weekend of the usual stuff. Ryan spent Saturday turning our lawn from this:

Into this:

It took him all of Friday evening and most of Saturday morning. Those weeds were not going down without a fight. The kids and I spent the day playing and working. We painted rocks, baked, I sewed a lot, and then the usual cleaning. Here are some pictures of our day:

A rock car I painted for William; he was pleased.

I had a bunch of leftover flannel from another project, so I turned it into some diaper changing pads and bibs for Rose - nothing fancy and very quick

Time to go; duty calls (and by "duty", I mean laundry). It's a beautiful spring day out - maybe I'll hang my clothes on the line outside. Enjoy your day.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ohmygosh! I LOVE the rock car! That is awesome.

Molly said...

You are quite the painter!! Unlike me. If it were my rock, it would probably have funny looking mountains and a stream.