Saturday, April 25, 2009

SAHM


Beautiful Claire

I'm reading the book, In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms by Dr. Laura, right now. It's been fun to read and is a good book - definitely brings in more reassurance that what I'm doing by staying home with my kids is the right thing. I've never doubted that is was right in the first place, but it still feels good to read why. Something I hadn't really thought much about, was how there are so many moments throughout the day, that remind me how special my kids and life are. Funny phrases from William like "Mom, are you making dinner or something?" to Claire's imaginative world and stories to go along, and Rosie's sweet smiles and funny sounds. I can't imagine missing these unplanned moments.

Funny William

Sweet Rose


5 comments:

Kyle Farmer said...

I've heard good things about that book, but I think she says some things just to spark debate. Like saying the men shouln't stay home with kids in the first 3 years b/c the kids really need the person that carried & birthed them. Not sure I agree with that AT ALL.

SLC said...

Actually, she doesn't say anything like that at all. In fact, she NOT ONCE mentions stay-at-home Dads, hint: the title of the book.

The Trees said...

I absolutely love those pictures of Rose. All your kids are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Dr. Laura Schlessinger....those are the most adorable photos...can I be honorary grandmama? Thank you for my support of all of you wonderful mommies. warmly...and Happy Mother's Day every day, Dr. Laura

Amy said...

Those photos of Rose turned out awesome.