Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Claire

We just celebrated Claire's 7th birthday. We had a good, but busy day. It started off early with cinnamon rolls and presents before school, pizza for dinner, Girl Scouts, cake and more presents.

William had a hard time realizing it was not his birthday and came crying to me asking, "When will it be my birthday?" Unfortunately, he still has to endure Ryan's before it's his again. His sweet Grandma sent him a little Playmobil pirate with a parrot for him to open. So I spent most of the morning speaking like a pirate and sometimes a parrot. William kept telling me, "Mom, make the pirate talk." Arrgh matey....


Opening presents in the garage, because what better place to celebrate than the dirty old garage.
Actually, it was because we were about to reveal her big present - a big girl bike.
Unfortunately, it's a little too big. It's this awesome 30-year-old, retro-rainbow, banana-seat bike. It's solid and going to be around for another 30 years. We found it on Craig's List. I'll post pictures later.

I can officially and confidently say that cake decorating is NOT one of my talents. Oh dear...


But it tasted good.

Happy birthday Claire! These past seven years have been great fun - hopefully I can say the same in seven years when you turn 14 (yikes!).

3 comments:

Molly said...

Happy birthday! Did she like the bike? I can't wait to see it. What a fun and busy day you guys had. Susan, your cake decorating skills leave much to be desired. Perhaps next time, use twice as much icing and get some candy flowers to stick in the "messy" spots.

gwennythepooh said...

I bought myself a cake from Walmart for my birthday because
(1) I didn't want to make my own cake and (2) I didn't want to clean up the mess if anybody else made it. Consequently, we all couldn't eat the icing because it was too sweet. I'd take your cake anyday.

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

Happy Birthday Claire. She will always be baby bunny to me! I am sure your cake was delicious!:)