Saturday, April 4, 2009

Beetles, dry ice and rainbows

Claire had her school play the other night. She was bug 20-something. We made her into a general beetle. She came home from school that day with a stuffy nose and a fever. I loaded her up on Motrin and sent her on stage. Considering she had medicine-head, she did a great job. Ryan made her shell out of paper-mache and I made the rest of it out of left over stuff I had around the house. I think it turned out pretty well.



Ryan came home from school the other day with a Styrofoam cooler marked "trash" from his lab - it was filled with dry ice. So of course, he had to play with it - at midnight, while I was trying to get girl scout stuff done. I kept hearing popping and bubbling coming from the kitchen and with occasional, "Cool! Susan, come in here and see this!" Now, I know what to get him for his upcoming birthday.


Tearing up newspaper for Claire's paper-mache shell.

A double rainbow that appeared while we were eating dinner last week.

A funny Playmobil scene I found on my coffee table. William's work, of course.
A squirmy baby in your arms is not very conducive to writing blogs. In fact, this is almost dangerous as Rose attempts to launch herself out of my arms and onto the wood floor. I had better end this before we end up in the ER with infant head-trauma.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I don't think I ever saw Claire in person that night. She looks great--love the beetle shell!

kellyclay said...

Love the costume!!!!

and Ryan is hilarious!!!!

Molly said...

You guys did a great job with the bug costume! It looks great. Next time you get dry ice, make root beer!!! It's fun. We've done that a few times. I love William's scene. Is that his new pirate sitting there? He is getting along with his mates then, aye?

Homemaker Highlights said...

Awesome pictures..that is the cutest little bug I have ever seen:) Love the picture of the rainbow..mine never come out and we get so few here. I remember when I was little and waiting for my dad to bring home dry ice when he was a truckdriver. My brother and I always like to play with it too!

Unknown said...

Nice job on that beetle costume! That's impressive. Ryan looks like he's up to his old tricks; be careful, when you mix Ryan and dry ice you usually get an explosion.
-Sandy and Erik