Friday, August 24, 2007

Groudhogs and Stuff

My crazy beetles




Well, I promised that I would post some pictures of Claire's room when I was finished painting. So I am going to include some of those and some of my kids being crazy beetles. I finally finished putting the baseboards back in Claire's room and moving her furniture in at about 11pm last night. Her room looks great and could be a room from a new house - not a 40-year-old one. I think I'm going to take a break before I tackle the next room though; I need a break and so do my arms.

Sanding the baseboards

Priming

The dingy white walls

So Ryan and I had an appointment today to look at pianos. A big store in Missouri is closing it's business Monday and we went to see if we could find a good deal. We did find a great deal, bought one, and it will be here Monday. We are very excited - one of the reasons we bought a house was so that we could have a piano. Most apartments in St. Louis don't allow musical instruments due to noise issues with old buildings.

As we were pulling into our driveway, we see a groundhog run into our garden and under our deck, where it apparently has its burrow. So that would explain all of the half-eaten tomatoes and the dying pumpkin vines. We did have one ripe tomato this morning that had not be eaten by bugs or the groundhog, but Ryan stepped on it where Claire had dropped it in the grass after begging to hold it while Ryan and I investigated the rest of the tomatoes. At this rate, we'll never get a veggie out of this garden.

The finished room

1 comment:

Molly said...

Love the beetles! They look so cute! I'm glad to have been a part of that moment when it happened, even if I was on the phone...

Claire's room is beautiful! You did a terrific job. What a pretty color.

To bad about the lone tomato. (It is acutally kind of funny what happended, but it wasn't my lone tomato either.)