Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pictures and a hair cut












It's already late and I have to take care of a few things for Claire for school tomorrow, so I'll have to make this short. Yesterday evening, while hubby was at Scouts, the kids and I finished painting the old swing set a neighbor gave us. It looks a ton better. While we were out, we got very sweaty and sticky. William is a particularly sweaty person, so his long hair is always wet when we go outside. So I decided to just cut his hair myself last night and save the $10 having it professionally cut. I put William on the deck and quickly cut his hair. By the end, he was pretty unhappy about having hair stuck to his sweaty body and started crying while trying to get the hair off. So I stripped him down to his diaper and got out the hose. While he ran around the back yard laughing, I sprayed him from head to toe. I'm sure that if anyone drove by at that point, they would think that I'm this really mean mother, squirting my young child like that, but he loved it. Claire joined in a few minutes later and got fairly wet. Due to the nasty mosquitoes coming out, I quickly took the kids inside and William starts telling me he's cold. I went to get him dressed only to realize that he had pollen from the grass and hair still all over him. So I put him in the bath tub, turned on the warm water and he then proceeded to scream and cry that he was cold. I found this ironic - the ice cold hose water was great fun, but the warm bath water made him cold and miserable. I guess I can never win.


These pictures are of William (before the haircut) lounging, sleeping, and studying Dad's "National Geographic". The last picture is of William's Lego creation. Notice the symmetry and organization - he left it on the couch just like that.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I love pictures of sleeping babes. They are so cute. What a construction project. It is amazing what he did. Mine just build a tower of four or five and then whack it as hard as they can!
It is too funny about the hose water and the bath water.