Thursday, August 9, 2007

Visitors and stuff

Claire and Mom demonstrating what our hair does when it's humid.


It's late but I am determined to write a blog entry today, though it may not end up being very long. My 15-year-old sister-in-law has come to stay with us for a week. She just arrived this evening. We had a late dinner together and then put the kids to bed. Claire had a hard time settling down with an exciting visitor in the house, but she's now sleeping soundly on a mattress on the floor of William's room.

I am writing this entry on my lap-top since my husband is working on the desk-top. The desk-top has all of the pictures I've uploaded from the camera, so I can't included the latest photos today. I will include a few from last month.

We had a fun morning of playgroup, Arby's for lunch, and then playing at home, naps, and housework. Claire and William enjoy going out, even if it's just running errands, but they're always happy to come home after awhile. Claire tells me that she needs to go home, relax and have some peace and quiet. She really treasures her quiet days at home with just the three of us. I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with my children. Thankfully they have never known the stress of going to a daily child-care; I try to keep our days relaxed with a few activities each week, but always with a lot of free play time.

I finished reading "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" by Richard Carlson today. It was a fast, easy read and it had some good points (nothing earth-shattering for a good Christian). But seeing as how it's almost midnight, I will continue another day!

Sweet William on the swing

No comments: