Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Painting Woes

I have been absent in the virtual world for the past several days. So this morning, I have decided to catch up on everyone. So I read my round of blogs and checked my email. Let me just say that I have some very talented and fun blog friends. I hope my posts are as interesting to read as theirs. My school girl is now at school, and my little baby is having his breakfast. My husband is still asleep (he was up until after midnight returning an email to a professor) and I am taking a short breather (literally) before heading back into the stinking dungeon (Claire's half-way painted bedroom).

We bought our home in March and moved in in April. The home was a foreclosure, so it needed some loving and attention. Thankfully, it wasn't trashed, as some foreclosures are - but it required a lot of work to get livable. Since the summer began, I have been focusing much of my home improvement efforts on the yard. I have used this as an excuse not to paint and update the interior. So Monday I have the bright idea that I am going to paint Claire's room. Her room has by far the grossest paint job. I don't think it has been painted in the 40 years or so this house has been standing. So I happily went about removing the yucky, brown trim and buying a lot of paint and paint supplies. I have managed to sand and prime the trim, prime the bedroom/closet/ceiling and paint half of it. Unfortunately, I am almost out of paint and I still have more than half the room to paint. It would be nice if I knew what I were doing.

All of poor Claire's belonging are in the living room and she has had to sleep in William's bed the past two night. So my goal today is to finish painting, paint the baseboards, replace the baseboards and put her room back together. Seeing as how it's almost 9am - I had better get to work. I have pictures, but I'll post them later.

2 comments:

Molly said...

HI! I'm sorry to hear about your painting problems. Knowing you, though, I'm sure Claire's room will look fabulous dahling when you are all done. Can't wait to see the pictures,

stoups said...

Hey, cool blog, I will try to come here and check out what all is going on in your world. I am glad to see you guys are doing well.